Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thomas the Lead-Paint Engine?

Yes, it's true - Thomas the tank engine can make your child retarded, but not because it's a bad show (I liked it when my little bro's were of that age). No, it's because it contains lead point.

And why does it contain lead paint? Sigh. It's because it was made in China. First the poisoned medicine, then the wheat gluten (or was that first), and now poisoned toys. To those of us that live here, these concerns are not at all new. We hear stories of fake baby formula (true, killed 12 infants), fake cars (don't know), and fake eggs (unconfirmed, but scary as all hell).

What is going on here?

Sadly, I think the news is only going to get worse. This sort of thing is incredibly widespread. Enforcement in China is almost non-existent. Wait till I post tomorrow about the slavery story involving Shanxi brick kilns. It's as bad as it sounds.

And how long has this been going on? I want to dig up some of my brothers' old Thomas toys and have them tested. This is some fucked up shit - has my family been poisoned by dishonest factory owners? I'm pissed.

No comments: